Want to add a hot tub to your patio but don’t think that you can afford it? With a cheap inflatable hot tub, you can! The Coleman Lay-Z Spa Inflatable Hot Tub is designed for those yearning for the hot tub experience minus the hefty price tag. Check out this review to see if this inflatable hot tub is well-suited for your pampering needs. Based on consumers we surveyed, it is one of the most sought after inflatable hot tubs on the marketplace. Like a hard hot tub, this product is a large tub filled with hot, bubbly water can be used for recreation or physical therapy purposes. Unlike a hard hot tub, this product is portable; thus, is easy to take it wherever you go.
Coleman Lay-Z Spa Inflatable Hot Tub has outer walls made from fabric coated material and an insulated aluminum foil coated pool cover that keeps the water extra warm. This product comes with a DVD explaining how to setup the inflatable hot tub.
- Lay-Z Massage System – One of the top features is the hydromassage system powered by 120 bubble jets.
- Rapid Heating System – This system allows to the hot tub’s water temperature to escalate as high as 104 degrees Fahrenheit within 24 hours. The water temperature rises 2 to 3 degrees Fahrenheit per hour.
- Integrated Water Filtration- This system ensures that the water is clean. The water filtration automatically comes on when the heating system is activated. When the heating system is turned off, the water filtration remains on.
- Digital Control Panel- This control panel is used to activate the bubbles and adjust water temperature of the inflatable hot tub. It comes with an automatic Start/Stop timer to adjust the heating system in which allows the user to set the temperature they wish (Note: maximum temperature is 104 degrees Fahrenheit). Also, it comes with child-lock safety.
- Sturdy I-Beam Construction- The hot tub uses I-Beam construction to ensure sturdiness while users to sit on the sides.
- Cushioned Air Pad Floor- An air pad cushioned floor sits underneath the inflatable hot tub. This feature aids in insulation by reducing the loss of heat
What We Like About The Coleman Lay-Z Spa Inflatable Hot Tub
- Low Cost Hot Tub- Getting a quality hot tub under $500 – $700 is attainable with this product.
- Very Portable- Being that the product is inflatable, the user can take it wherever they go
- Durable & Sturdy- The hot tub is made of a TriTech 3 ply reinforced material that ensures durability. The I-Beam construction gives the inflatable hot tub a sturdy frame strong enough for users to sit on the side.
- Keeps Water Warm- The hot tub’s rapid heating system ensures the water temperature stays between 98 to 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Very Relaxing- The Lay-Z Massage System (equipped with bubble jets) guarantees the user a relaxing and soothing experience
- Easy Setup- The product comes with a DVD that shows the user how to install the inflatable hot tub. In addition, the DVD shows the user how to maintain the hot tub. Installation takes approximately 30 to 45 minutes.
- Excellent Customer Service- If a user ever had issues with the hot tub, they can contact Coleman’s customer service. Most users who have called their customer service has described them as friendly and courteous.
What We Don’t Like About The Coleman Lay-Z Spa Inflatable Hot Tub
- Not big enough to host a party- Coleman Lay-Z Inflatable Hot Tub can hold only 4 people in most cases. Of course, that is not ideal if a user wanted to host a party of more than 4 people.
- Not able to use under 40 degrees Fahrenheit- If the temperature outside dips under 40 degrees Fahrenheit, the hot tub’s heating system shuts off. So if you stay in a cold climate place, this may not be the most ideal hot tub.
- Water does not warm up fast enough- It takes about 24 hours for the hot tub to reach the maximum temperature of 104 degrees Fahrenheit. There are other hot tubs on the market that heats up faster than that.
- Filters need to be clean daily and changed weekly- The water filters need to be cleaned daily and changed out weekly when the hot tub is use. This could be a problem for people who are extremely busy.
Best Suited For
- A couple- Since the seat capacity is 4 to 6 people, this product would be well-suited for a couple
- People who want a low-cost hot tub – It cost under $500 – $700 so it is a great bargain for those in the market for a budget-friendly cheap hot tub.
- Those who have time to maintain product- Since the water filters needs to be cleaned daily and changed weekly, time must be put aside for proper maintenance.
Not So Great For
- A party- The 4 to 6 people seat capacity is not ideal for a party-setting
- Those looking for a hot-tub that heats quickly- It takes about a day to reach maximum temperature.
- Busy people- This product requires daily care to maintain it.
While it doesn’t heat faster and has less space than a hard hot tub, this product is well worth the investment. For consumers searching for an affordable and portable hot tub that is of good quality, the Coleman Lay-Z Inflatable Hot Tub will meet their requirements.